In this module you will learn about the importance of organizing, planning and designing your project for the Maine State Science Fair. By now, you should have chosen a research topic and developed a SMART question to focus on; this is the foundation for your science fair project. This next stage is where you will plan out WHAT you hope to accomplish with your project, HOW you plan to carry out your project, and the broader impacts of your project. These lessons will help you step-by-step to get your MSSF project underway.
How to use this course:
- Teachers can take this course and then implement some of the activities with their students.
- Students can take this course as part of one of their classes at school.
- Students can take this course on their own outside of school.
- Understand the importance of making a strong case for your project
- Distinguish between the need for hypotheses and engineering goals
- Learn how to write Materials and Methods sections
- Learn the differences between a scientific hypothesis and an engineering goal
Click on the first lesson below to begin.